Schools play an essential role in protecting children from harm. They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
Our school safeguards children by:
- creating a safe environment for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensuring that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don’t pose a risk to children
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children and young people about staying safe
- maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
Please see below for useful advice to parents regarding safeguarding.