We aim to ensure that Post-16 pathways facilitate independent living and employability, giving our pupils the best chance we can to have happy and rewarding lives after leaving school.
Careers advice offer
- By the end of year 11, all pupils will have participated in a discussion with our independent careers advisor (Hampshire Futures), follow up discussions may be offered where needed and / or requested. Parents / carers are invited to attend year 11 interviews to both share their views and develop an awareness of the Post-16 pathways available.
- Should parents / carers not be available to attend a discussion, a member of the learning support team will accompany the pupil, helping them to feel comfortable and to communicate information to the best of their ability.
- Individual records of the outcomes of careers discussions, including any actions that need to be taken, will be available for pupils, parents / carers and school staff.
- Additional support and discussions will be available through the school Careers Leader (in-house) as required/requested.
Our Careers programme
Our annual careers programme will include:
- Visits to colleges, Post-16 training providers and employers. These visits will provide pupils with an overview of the range of opportunities available and help to alleviate anxieties about moving on.
- Invitations for Post-16 training providers, colleges and employers to run workshops throughout the academic year. These visits will aim to inspire pupils and broaden their understanding of the working / adult life.
- Weekly tutorial sessions dedicated to careers education guidance.
- Careers evenings, with parents / carers invited to attend presentations from Post-16 training providers and employers.
- Sharing of labour market information (LMI) with pupils and parents to enable informed decisions to be made for Post-16 career pathways.
For information on Hampshire Futures please click here.
For labour market information please click here.
For further information regarding our careers programme and our Provider Access Policy please contact
Mr Christian Vine
Telephone Number: 023 8084 7213