Welcome to our Governors’ section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
The Governors Role:
- Undertake the performance management of the Headteacher and the selection of a new Headteacher
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place to provide performance management for all staff and that this is appropriately aligned to pay
- Analyse data to ensure pupils’ learning and achievement moves forward, attendance is high and exclusions low
- Analyse staff absence to ensure that any issues identified are addressed
- Ensure that staff recruitment is completed appropriately and meets the needs of the school.
- Monitors the quality of teaching and learning
- Monitors expenditure and sets the school budget
- Monitors expenditure of pupil premium and its impact
- Ensures the school completes self-evaluation and is clear about its strengths and areas to develop
- Visit the school to meet with staff and pupils and hold the school to account
- Currently hold three meetings each term to carry out their tasks
- Meet parents, seek views on identified areas and liaise through Governor Newsletters
- Meet with members of the wider community
Governor Awareness is demonstrated by how well governors:
- Ensure that the school has clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Contribute to school self-evaluation;
- Support the school’s leadership;
- Hold the school leaders accountable for the teaching and learning in the school, and for pupils’ achievement and safety.