Oak Lodge Outreach Service
Our Outreach team provide local primary and secondary schools with specialist support to help meet the needs of their SEND pupils. This service is free of charge to Hampshire maintained schools.
Why Access Oak Lodge Outreach?
We aim to:
- Provide our mainstream colleagues with high quality support to enable all pupils to make good progress across the curriculum
- Empower mainstream staff by providing them with a better understanding of pupil difficulties and strengths
- Develop colleagues' skills and confidence in planning and delivering programmes of intervention
Jo is the SENCO and Assistant Head at Oak Lodge, she has worked in mainstream and special secondary schools for over 20 years. She has managed ASC resource provision and is Senior Mental Health Lead at Oak Lodge, as well as delivering PACE training and Drawing and Talking as an intervention.
Christian is Assistant Head with Particular expertise in behaviour, vocational studies and careers provision. He started out in Further Education and private enterprise before moving on to alternative provision and SEND training.
Hayley is a class teacher who has worked in both primary and secondary, special and mainstream schools. She has a particular expertise in ASC and classroom environments, alongside a keen interest in early phonics development.
Accessing Oak Lodge Outreach
Please fill in the referral form and return it to us on the email provided.
Initial contact will be made through email and then a telephone consultation to discuss the most appropriate support package.
- Consultation with SENCO and other key staff to offer advice and strategies
- Observation of pupils to inform support
- Support with curriculum differentiation
- Advice in setting up the learning environment
- Transition work
- Inset and training in a range of areas
Support packages can vary from a one off observation and advice, to a lengthier package involving bespoke training for staff. An exit report can be supplied detailing a package of support and further recommendations.
Training for staff
Experienced staff can offer a range of training to schools relating to:
Understanding Autism and supporting learners effectively
Emotional Health and Wellbeing
Managing challenging behaviour
Supporting less able learners
Tailored approaches to engagement and learning
Inclusive high quality teaching, learning and assessment