Tips to help your child
Maths -useful activities to be practiced at home, focus on time and money:
- practical activities such as writing shopping list,
- reading bus timetables,
- adding up bills etc.
- using takeaway menus to calculate the cost of their favourite meal
English-useful activities to be practiced at home:
- Read a range of text, both fiction and non-fiction, on a regular basis and, where possible, discuss character, theme, plot development, the issues raised, etc.
Art-useful activities to be practiced at home:
- Useful websites : BBC Bitesize Art KS3, BBC Bitesize Art KS4, Student Art Guide, Art Attack KS2.
- Discussion and support with homework.
- Encouraging drawing activities at home.
PSHE-useful activities to be practiced at home:
- Making a healthy meal by following a recipe.
- Personal budgeting – choosing the best mobile phone contract
- Planning a trip out using public transport
- Writing a shopping list and visit the supermarket to buy the items using a self-service checkout
- Useful websites:
- NHS Moodzone website
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk (cybersafety)
- https://parentinfo.org/ (SRE)