- Art encourages students to explore, enjoy, and develop their creative thinking and artistic skill.
- Art provides visual, tactile and sensory experiences and a unique way of understanding and responding to the world and the people in it.
- Students use colour, form, texture, pattern and design, using different materials, as well as 2 and 3-dimensional processes, allowing them the freedom of expression, and to create.
- Students learn to make informed value judgements whilst developing their thinking skills, problem solving and critical analysis, building on their confidence and resilience.
- Students explore ideas and meanings in the work of artists, craftspeople and designers learning about different times, cultures and diversities.
- Lessons cover all aspects of the National Curriculum: Primary KS2 to GCSE Level.