Design Technology encourages the use of practical skills that will be beneficial for a child’s future. Students will also:
• Learn how to be safe within the workshop and around selective tools.
• Learn to explore creative thinking and formal design elements.
• Have the opportunity for collaborative learning and problem solving.
• Explore working with wood, electronics and metal.
• Learn how to use specialist computer programs to assist laser cutting.
In mini enterprise students will:
• Undertake business roles in order to produce and market a product profitably.
• To identify, plan, make and sell a product.