- Textiles encourages students to explore, enjoy, and develop their creative thinking, design and textile skills.
- Textiles provides visual, tactile and sensory experiences as well as teaching useful life skills.
- Students work with fabric and use embroidery, machine sewing, various fabric decorating techniques and processes, to allow them the freedom of expression, and to create.
- Students learn to make informed value judgements whilst developing their thinking skills, problem solving and critical analysis, building on their confidence and resilience.
- Students explore ideas and meanings in the work of artists, fashion designers, and craftspeople learning about different times, cultures and diversities.
- Lessons cover all aspects of the National Curriculum: Primary KS2 to GCSE Level.
Textiles GCSE Qualification.
Accredits towards ASDAN Qualification.
Supporting Arts Award.