English at KS3 and KS4 offers a broad curriculum that supports the development of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Throughout both key stages students will:
- Develop basic literacy skills.
- Study a wide range of literary and non-literary texts.
- Study texts from other cultures and from different periods in time.
- Learn how to write with technical accuracy, and to control writing by using language to create effect at word, sentence and whole text level.
- Develop their ability to talk meaningfully with and to others; to listen and respond to others; and to ask questions to support their learning.